About Wecke & Voigts SPAR and SUPERSPAR stores
Robert Voigts, SPAR Manager
Robert Voigts was born the 28th of December 1974. After he moved to Munich for a Banking Apprenticeship at Bayrische Hypotheken- und Wechselbanken, Robert returned to Africa soon to study Bcom Information Systems at the University of Cape Town. In 2001 he took over management of Wecke & Voigts SPAR Deli Markt. Since then, Robert Voigts and his team opened two SUPERSPAR and two SPAR stores in Windhoek, Namibia.
Wecke & Voigts is known as an independent retailer carrying an extending range of products. After 1974 we have a small supermarket under our Wecke & Voigts store which is known for its wide range in imported goods from Germany. Also, we are the first shop with air conditioning!
To be able to compete with the prices of South African chains, but still be as independent as possible, we join the SPAR Buying Group.
Robert Voigts, son of Dieter Voigts, joins the company as SPAR store manager.
We close our Wecke & Voigts SPAR Deli Market in Independence Avenue in May to open our first SUPERSPAR in September near Maerua Mall.
In November we take Hochland SPAR under the Wecke & Voigts umbrella. In the same year Maerua SUPERSPAR gets voted SUPERSPAR of the year.
This year brings amazing developments. In November we open both Westlane SPAR and the Grove SUPERSPAR. Calle Schlettwein, Minister of Trade & Industry, gives a speech at the opening of the Grove SUPERSPAR.
The journey of Wecke & Voigts SPAR and SUPERSPAR goes on! Everyday our number one priority is to be your first choice supermarket. With this in mind, we do our utmost to maintain a friendly, warm and open environment.
To be the market leader in the retail and wholesale trade as a respected corporate entity in a peaceful and flourishing Namibia.
Wecke & Voigts is a retailer and wholesaler of local and imported quality merchandise at fair prices. This family owned company operates in Namibia for the benefit of all its stakeholders: employees, shareholders, and the Namibian economy and environment.
- We maintain the highest ethical standards in business,
- We are customer- orientated, hands-on and visible,
- We have a passion for quality and offer quality merchandise and quality service at a reasonable price to our customers,
- We are well trained, friendly and knowledgeable and known for service excellence,
- We develop our staff, thus contributing to their well-being,
- We conduct our business with social and environmental sensitivity, whilst remaining economically sustainable,
- We utilize the most modern technology to the benefit of customers and the company,
- We generate satisfactory returns to all stakeholders,
- We continue the proud family name and history
- We are a valuable and responsible part of Namibia, wholly Namibian since 1892.
If you want to write or speak about us and need further information, please contact: